EDUCATION AND DEGREES
2002: Stanford University, School of Education, PhD, Counseling Psychology
1998: Santa Clara University, MA, Counseling
1989: University of Chicago, MBA
1982: Simmons College, BA, Economics
GRANTS, AWARDS, AND HONORS
Hans Sauer Award and Prize from Germany for research on psychology of inventors, 2008
APA, Div 17 Presidential Certificate of Appreciation, 2007
John F. Kennedy U, Certificate of Appreciation for faculty scholarship, 2007
John F. Kennedy U Course Innovation Grant, 2006
Positive Psychology Summit Travel Award, 2002, 2003
H.B. McDaniel Grant Award for dissertation research, Stanford U, 2000
Hewlett Packard Foundation Grant for Stanford U, Counseling Psychology research team, 2000
Spencer Research Grant for dissertation research, Stanford U, 1999
Odin Anderson Best Thesis Award, U of Chicago, MBA in Health Care Management, 1989
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Interpersonal Processes
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Self and Identity
- White, J. L., & Henderson, S. J. (Eds.). (2008). Building multicultural competency: Development, training, and practice. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- Henderson, S. J. (June 2010). Five Tips on Microaggressions: The more likely “ism” of today. Counseling Today.
- Henderson, S. J. (2009). Assessment of personal goals: An online tool for personal counseling, coaching, and business consulting. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 41(4), 244-249.
- Henderson, S. J. (2006). The ten pocket tool kit: Encouraging entrepreneurship among people of color. Career Planning & Adult Development J, 21(4).
- Henderson, S. J. (2004). Product inventors and creativity: The finer dimensions of enjoyment. Creativity Research Journal, 16(2&3), 103-126.
- Henderson, S. J. (2000). "Follow your bliss": A process for career happiness. Journal of Counseling and Development, 78(3), 305-315.
- Henderson, S. J. (1999-2000). Career happiness: More fundamental than job satisfaction. Career Planning and Adult Development Journal, 15(4), 5-10.
- Henderson, S. J., & Chan, A. (2005). Career happiness among Asian-Americans: The interplay between individualism and interdependence. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 33, 180-192.
- Henderson, S. J. (2004). Inventors: The ordinary genius next door. In R. J. Sternberg, E. L. Grigorenko, & J. L. Singer (Eds.), Creativity: From potential to realization (pp. 293-312). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Krumboltz, J. D., & Henderson, S. J. (2008). “Career counseling: Krumboltz learning theory.” In Leong, F. T. L. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of counseling. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Krumboltz, J. D., & Henderson, S. J. (2002). A learning theory for career counselors. In S.G. Niles (Ed.), Adult career development (pp. 41-58). Tulsa, OK: National Career Development Assoc.
- Clinical Supervision
- Consultation Across Multicultural Contexts
- Multicultural Career Counseling and development
- Multicultural Counseling technique
- Multicultural Mixed Method Research Seminar
Sheila J. Henderson
Graduate School of Education
Lowenstein 1121, 113 W 60th Street New York
New York, New York 10023
- Phone: (415) 955-2030
- Fax: (415) 955-2036
- Email: email@example.com